Tuesday 16 March 2010

Women: Crazy or Genius?

"...and I'm ok with the fact that in probability that day is a very very long way off and may never even come, because as I said, I'm not right for her right now, so why should I torture myself and try and make that change in the present?" (Waters, 2010)

I have had enough of constantly failing to look for diamonds in the rough, yet I continue to find someone that inspires me. I've had a rather intriguing thought running through my head recently. Ill put it bluntly, and is by no means meant in an offensive statement (before the [crazy] feminists start to claw violently at my remarks) The simple question of :

-------Are women either crazy or genius?--------

Perhaps the truth lies more ambiguously and by implication annoyingly for men, that women are a combination of both. Which begs the question of how much crazy and how much genius can women be? (a fine line that I struggle with). I have often been told I attract crazy women, and I think to my dismay that is entirely true. I like crazy, I like weird and I like someone who is that diamond in the rough. My basic logic, albeit entirely flawed as a rational process, is that if you dabble around crazy long enough eventually you will find genius. I hope that one day I will find genius. I have before, undoubtedly...but the wise words of Matt Waters reflects what I really should tell myself at this given point in life. His blog echoed my alter ego and my better conscience. Nice to know that others think on similar lines to your own.

Today, I wanted to dedicate the majority of this blog, not to the constant ramblings of my own words but those around me, such as Matt Waters, who provide inspirational thought on the rather contentious subject matter of women.

In particular I wanted to share a rather beautifully written and geniusly (not 'crazily') message I was sent by Margherita Lisco in response to a facebook comment where I, rather crudely remarked: "I don't understand women". It was sent to me at a point in my life where I found women both insatiable, unsaturated and in all honesty extremely frustrating. I do hope that 'Meg' does not mind my sharing her thoughts, but her words were of great inspiration to me, and I wish more women thought with such depth and clarity. She offers a rather 'Freudian' explanation that women (like men) are living through their childhood. Although I am normally the first to question the rather flawed and fanatical explanations of Freud. This is a very impressive account of relationships and inner desires that I believe all of us can relate to in some way, and provides a rather compelling case from both sides of the coin (men and women). In short, I find it impressive.

As such I dedicate this blog to her, and her 'women-kind'. So please do read, and I'd love to know your thoughts on it:

Meg's Blog...

"If you’re ever been in a sincere, friendly or loving relationship with a girl, the following question may have come up : “Why? Why is she doing that? Why is she complicating things? What makes her confused all the time?”. If this is the case, and I know it is, you should just stop asking. Because if you sometimes felt like you were suffering because of this confusion, you must know that this happens to girls all the time. They ask themselves what you ask yourself before you even have the time to do it and usually without reaching positive conclusions. It is unstoppable, uncontrollable, automatic, possibly genetic. It is a behaviour triggered by uncertain causes, which are always different and are often very stupid, which in turn lead to uncalled-for, exaggerated and incomprehensible reactions!

Girls don’t know why they’re the way they are! What they know is that they’re creative and they may be very persuasive: they will find you a reason for each of their irrational behaviours. They will convince you they’re right, that they know themselves very well and they know you as well. But they’re only deceiving the both of you. The truth is a lot simpler: girls think too much and they talk too much among themselves. They get locked in a limbo which is impossible for them to escape, especially because most of the time they don’t even know they’re in it. They fill themselves with false beliefs from a very young age: they think they’re more mature than men because they think before speaking, because they’re more responsible, and because they express their feelings a lot better. What happens is when they’re just kids, they are all living in a doll’s house, which I can assure you does not make them feel secure, but only gives them the feeling of being different, special and incomprehensibly beautiful! They then carry this belief in their adult age only to find out the brutality of the consequences. Girls are frustrated, insecure, masochistic and scared. They don’t want to suffer, they’re egocentric, selfish, attention-seeking and they want to be loved without there being valid reasons for you to do it. They’re in search of the unconditional love they used to receive when they were just kids, when they were spoiled and treated like princesses just because they were girls. They want that kind of love that is complete, deep, stable; they often feel like they owe something to you which is why they’re the ones attacking you first. They play it as if they’re superior and wise, when all they really want is that you hold them close and tell them: “easy baby, I’m here now and you have nothing to worry about”.

Girls are full of feelings which they sometimes do not know how to control. Sometimes they can’t be rational, realistic, practical and strong: they rather bathe in their own paranoia-filled world and find stability in something that is by definition unstable. This makes them feel needed and allows them to give meaning to your relationship, because while they may drag you into this spiral, only they know how to manage it. They always try keep their hands on to a path of uncertainty as their exit strategy, an excuse to defend themselves against people’s accusation in case they make mistakes (and obviously, they must have good motives, while if you try doing the same you’re just a selfish bastard).

You cannot understand girls. In spite of all this however, you must love girls because they are the sweetest and most lively creatures you will ever find. You must love girls because they live for you and can in one instant pay you back of all the love you drop upon them by making you feel like you’re the centre of the universe. You must love girls because no one else loves like they do, with passion and strong will. Despite being able to make matters more complicated, girls give real love, even if only for an instant, even if they really do make you suffer. Do not condemn them. When they were yours they were honest and you meant the world, but as with many fascinating things it is often hard to keep their attention and ensure your attraction upon them. The mind of a girl is difficult to set, difficult to know and difficult to control.

And if after all this you feel even more confused, well it’s only because this is how it’s meant to be: congratulation, you’re a step closer to our world! Remember to be honest, and to leave them alone when they get too irritated: it’ll be to everyone’s benefit!

x9

2 comments:

  1. Your friend is very clever. And very right. Thankyou for a very entertaining read, made me smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've come to the conclusion that women just are what they are. As are men. Neither is fundamentally "wrong", they are just so mind-numbingly different from each other that they will never quite see eye to eye on everything. Conflicts will arise at almost every turn and each side will be driven to the brink of madness trying to fathom the other's point of view.

    At the end of the day this conflict is the spice of life. You ever met a girl and just gotten along with them too well? It's boring as hell man. We live for these frustrating conflicts because we're a species that loves puzzles, and the opposite gender is the ultimate puzzle, perhaps even greater than The Meaning of Life, because it appears on the surface of it more solvable.... but it isn't.

    ReplyDelete